How to Use ResMed AirMini AutoSet Travel CPAP Machine
Q: What is the world’s smallest machine with Bluetooth, waterless humidification, and pressure relief?
A: You guessed it! It’s the ResMed AirMini AutoSet Travel CPAP Machine.
Small yet powerful, the AirMini boasts ultimate portability. Anyone that owns an AirMini loves having the machine on their travels – but not everyone knows how to use it properly.
The AirMini Travel CPAP machine has various parts. To correctly assemble the AirMini parts, follow the instructions below.
How to setup your AirMini™
- First, connect the power supply unit into the machine, then plug it into a power outlet.
- Connect the grey end of the tube to the machine.
How to Add the Optional Waterless Humidification
If you have the HumidX or HumidX Plus:
- Open the connector by twisting.
- Place the HumidX or HumidX Plus inside with the blue/gray side facing down towards the tube.
- Close the connector by twisting until it locks.
Connect The AirMini and Your Smart Device
Did you know you could track your therapy details using a smart device such as your phone? Here are the steps to connecting your AirMini and smart device.
- Download the latest version of the AirMini app on your smart device.
- Make sure bluetooth on your smart device is turned on.
- Open the AirMini app.
- Follow the instructions as on the AirMini app.
Start Your Therapy from the Sleep Screen
Follow these steps to start your therapy from your smart device.
- Click on “Sleep” from the menu at the bottom of your screen.
- There are two options you can view: “Therapy” and “Mask Fit”. Go to “Therapy” to access comfort settings, and to “Mask Fit” to check for air leaks.
- Click Start on “Therapy” to start therapy.
- When you want to stop therapy, click “Stop”.
Adjust Settings for Your Comfort
- Click “Options” from the Therapy screen.
- Adjust for whichever settings you need.
The Dashboard is located on the Navigation tab. Here, you can view summary data and a score for your latest therapy session. You can also look at information from past days by clicking on the arrow next to the date.
Did you know that you have to clean your AirMini? That’s right! As often used as it is, your AirMini needs your attention.
- Remove the HumidX/HumidX Plus before cleaning, and do not wet or wash it.
- Clean the connector by hand everyday with warm water and mild detergent.
- clean the connector using a soft bristle brush. Make sure to pay attention to the vent holes.
- Rinse with water and dry in a shady area.
Clean the tubing every week by hand.
- Remove the tubing from the ActiveAir vent connector.
- Soak and wash the tubing in warm water and mild detergent.
- Rise with water, and dry in a shady area by hanging the tubing.
Power & Traveling
Traveling somewhere? No worries! AirMini boasts high portability.
Traveling with AirMini
As it was built for travel, you can take your AirMini wherever you go.
But before you travel, make sure to:
- call your airline at least two weeks before departing to confirm that you can bring your machine
- check the adapter used in the airplane
- pack the correct adapter if needed
- get a letter from your doctor explaining your therapy needs
- bring a statement of FAA compliance from ResMed
- bring a travel case to store your device in
Keep in mind that your AirMini needs a resupply of its parts and accessories. For your convenience, here is a resupply schedule for your AirMini.
|Tubing||6 months||Tubes can tear and cause leakage|
|Air filter||6 months||Filters are essential to weed out dust, mold, and germs|
|HumidX/HumidX Plus||30 days||The waterless humidication is usable for up to 30 days after opening|
It’s helpful to have in mind the warranty information for your AirSense 10, just in case something happens to your machine. You can also check out our blog post on how to deal with a broken CPAP machine for more detail. The following are the warranty periods of products related to your AirSense 10.