How to Use: ResMed CPAP/APAP Machines
So you bought a ResMed machine for sleep apnea, and you open the box. You see a whole bunch of parts and pieces you don’t really understand…now what?
Don’t worry! Here is a detailed guide with videos on how to use your AirSense 10 CPAP, AirSense 10 Elite, AirSense 10 AutoSet, and AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her. For additional information, you can also read the official AirSense 10 manual.
The AirSense 10 CPAP machine has various parts. To correctly assemble the AirSense 10 parts, follow the instructions below.
Setup with Humidifier
- Take the machine out of the bag, set it on a flat surface, connect the power supply, and plug it in.
- Take out the humifier, open it, and fill it to the maximum water level mark with distilled water. Close the top and push it into the side of the machine.
- If you have a SlimLine Tube, simply connect to the connector port. If you have a ClimateLineAir Heated Tube, hold it by the orange cuff, line it up with the connector port, and push it until it clicks in place.
- Attach your mask.
- Press the start button and you’re ready to enjoy a great night’s sleep!
Basic Menu Navigation
- Your machine has a display screen, a navigation dial, a start and stop button, and a home button.
- On the display screen, “My Options” lets you view and personalize your comfort settings, and “Sleep Report” automatically generates a summary of your last therapy session when you press stop.
Simple Device Operations
- The ambient light sensor adjust the brightness of the screen based on the light in the room, and the screen’s backlight turns off automatically.
- The new AutoRamp feature with sleep onset detection delivers a low pressure to help you fall asleep, and then increases the pressure to your prescribed level when you fall asleep.
- If you have the ClimateLineAir Heated Tube, there is no need to change anything – your device will already be set up in Climate Control Auto Mode.
Did you know that you have to clean your AirSense 10? That’s right! As often used as it is, your AirSense 10 needs your attention.
- Clean your mask every morning after using it at night to get rid of the dirt and facial oils.
- Using mild soap, hand wash your mask. Dry in a shady area.
The times have changed. Phones don’t just text and call anymore – they have access to the internet, games, and photos. So don’t be surprised that AirSense 10 doesn’t just pump air. That’s right! It has more advanced functionalities as described here.
Improve Your CPAP Therapy with myAir
With the AirSense 10 machines, you can use “myAir,” a free, personalized therapy management tool that you can access from any device to manage your CPAP therapy.
With “myAir,” you can:
- track your progress
- receive personalized coaching experience
- get badges and milestones
- receive encouragement
- be in control of your therapy!
Simply go to myair.resmed.eu to create a free account.
Power & Traveling
Traveling somewhere? No worries! The AirSense 10 boasts high portability.
Traveling with AirSense 10
Before you travel, make sure to:
- call your airline at least two weeks before departing to confirm that you can bring your machine
- check the power cord/adapter used in the airplane
- pack the correct adapter and extension cord if needed
- get a letter from your doctor explaining your therapy needs
- bring a statement of FAA compliance from ResMed
- pack a small ResMed battery if needed to power your machine
- Make sure your water tank is empty before packing.
Alternate Power Sources on the AirSense 10
Are you going camping or somewhere outdoors?
You can still use your ResMed machine through ResMed converters that lets you use your machine from a 12V or 24V DC power source .
There is also an external battery source, the ResMed Power Station II, available for you to use when power isn’t readily available.
Keep in mind that your AirSense 10 needs a resupply of its parts and accessories. For your convenience, here is a resupply schedule for your AirSense 10.
|Disposable Filter||2 weeks||Filters are essential to weed out dust, mold, and germs|
|Tube (SlimLine and ClimateLineAir Heated)||3 months||Tubes can tear and cause leakage|
|Humidifier Water Chamber||6 months||Chambers can crack or grow bacteria/mold.|
It’s helpful to have in mind the warranty information for your AirSense 10, just in case something happens to your machine. You can also check out our blog post on how to deal with a broken CPAP machine for more detail. The following are the warranty periods of products related to your AirSense 10.