Hiring Senior Front-End Software Engineer
We are hiring a senior front-end software engineer to help take this promising startup to the next level and to guide our platform through a period of rapid scale.
Senior Front-End Software Engineer
Health Sqyre is an e-commerce company that allows patients to buy medical supplies online using their insurance. Our shopping tools empower patients to compare product pricing using their insurance with real-time transparency of deductibles, co-insurance rates, and out-of-pocket maximums to make informed buying decisions saving time and money.
Join on the ground floor, but enjoy the benefits of a strong foundation and rapid growth. Health Sqyre’s platform is live, generating revenues, and serving hundreds of paying clients per month. We have partnerships with more than a dozen medical equipment providers who are in-network with several major insurance companies including Aetna, BCBS, United Healthcare, and more, enabling us to serve insured customers across 40% of the US market. We have just raised a seed round of capital that includes investment from leading industry players, including Adapt Health, Cape Medical, XMed, and others.
Health Sqyre is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by the thrill of building and scaling a company. You have exceptional leadership and communication skills (even with non-tech, business-side peers) and take pride in being fast learning, precise, efficient, enthusiastic, focused, hard-working, and collaborative – just to name a few. You are self-directed, and have the drive to help “steer the ship” yet are also comfortable working within a team structure. You possess superior analytical and problem-solving abilities and actively seek change as an opportunity for growth.
Do you find yourself wanting more responsibility and wanting to play a pivotal role at a tech startup?
Do you love building and iterating features to scale for rapid growth?
Do you want to work with an exceptional team of like-minded, driven, focused, smart, and hard-working individuals?
If so then we’d love to speak with you!
As a Senior Front-end Software Engineer at Health Sqyre, your primary responsibility is to help take this promising startup to the next level and to guide our platform through a period of rapid scale. You apply a “do whatever it takes” attitude to lead our front-end development efforts — developing configurable and customized solutions for our customers and vendors, building out our front-end library, ensuring our front-end experiences are seamless across applications, domains, and environments, and writing clean, well-tested front-end code to build high quality features and systems that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth. This is a position where you will own the front-end development efforts and you can bring your passion for front-end development, design systems, and expertise in creating seamless software solutions that work elegantly across multiple devices. You work on a small, high-potential team that brings deep industry, data science, and e-commerce expertise to address a compelling and unmet market. Your workday includes coding, troubleshooting, prototyping, and executing technical solutions that will have a direct impact on the customer/vendor experience and other key facets of the business.
- Lead the front-end development, building high quality software products for our customers, vendors and internal team – design and develop well-tested software from the ground up
- Integrate our front-end systems with backend APIs
- Proactively engage with clients and product managers to gather requirements, work with internal teams choosing technology, deploying a solution to production, or leading and participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints, daily standups, planning, and retros
- Work closely with our directors of product and software development to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet expectations and are delivered on-time
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proven experience building new products, reusable component libraries, and creative solutions that are responsive and scalable
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills that serve in partnering with customers, vendors, and internal teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet their respective needs
- A deep understanding for prioritization and tradeoffs and coming up with elegant front-end solutions that are delightful, easy to maintain and work across multiple displays
- Meticulous focus on high quality UI/UX experiences and ability to meet rigorous timelines
- A demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies – you enjoy technical reading and want to share engineering best practices
- Experience in fast-growth, startup environments
Nice to Haves
- Tech lead experience
- Experience with VUE.js
- Familiarity with AWS and an interest in devops and taking care of the stack – we’re a small team!
- E-commerce, marketplace, and Magento coding experience
- High level of comfort working in a highly iterative, agile environment
- Familiarity with technical requirements of internet marketing and SEO
- Active Github account
Health Sqyre offers a competitive compensation package that includes salary and equity vests in our promising seed-stage start-up.
What We Offer
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data-driven environment where your insights and expertise are valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and make an impact
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful startup
At Health Sqyre we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are fun to be around. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you’re ready to run with, we want to hear from you.