Hiring Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
We are hiring a senior full-stack software engineer to help take this promising startup to the next level and to guide our platform through a period of rapid scale.
Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Health Sqyre is an e-commerce company that allows patients to buy medical supplies online using their insurance. Our shopping tools empower patients to compare product pricing using their insurance with real-time transparency of deductibles, co-insurance rates, and out-of-pocket maximums to make informed buying decisions saving time and money.
Join on the ground floor, but enjoy the benefits of a strong foundation and rapid growth. Health Sqyre’s platform is live, generating revenues, and serving hundreds of paying clients per month. We have partnerships with more than a dozen medical equipment providers who are in-network with several major insurance companies including Aetna, BCBS, United Healthcare, and more, enabling us to serve insured customers across 40% of the US market. We have just raised a seed round of capital that includes investment from leading industry players, including Health Partners, Cape Medical, XMed, and others.
Health Sqyre is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by the thrill of building and scaling a company. You have exceptional leadership and communication skills (even with non-tech, business-side peers) and take pride in being fast learning, precise, efficient, enthusiastic, focused, hard-working, and collaborative – just to name a few. You are self-directed, and have the drive to help “steer the ship” yet are also comfortable working within a team structure. You possess superior analytical and problem-solving abilities and actively seek change as an opportunity for growth.
Do you find yourself wanting more responsibility and wanting to play a pivotal role at a tech startup?
Do you love building and iterating features to scale for rapid growth?
Do you want to work with an exceptional team of like-minded, driven, focused, smart, and hard-working individuals?
If so then we’d love to speak with you!
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Health Sqyre, your primary responsibility is to help take this promising startup to the next level and to guide our platform through a period of rapid scale. You apply a “do whatever it takes” attitude to lead our engineering efforts — driving technical decisions, embracing rapid iteration, implementing features and systems that will scale with the business. The position is truly full stack, as you may be asked to dive into legacy PHP code-base one day and a RESTful API written in Python the next. You work on a small, high-potential team that brings deep industry, data science, and e-commerce expertise to address a compelling and unmet market. Your workday includes coding, troubleshooting, architecting, prototyping, and executing technical solutions that will have the largest impact on the business.
– Help build and design overall architecture of the web application
– Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
– Collaborate with the rest of the team to design, build, and launch new features
– Maintain code integrity and organization
– Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
– Computer Science or related degree and 3-5+ years of professional experience as a developer
– Senior level knowledge of API design and development
– Experience with software design and architecture and familiarity with servicing local architectures
– Proficient in relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as MySQL
– Detailed understanding of continuous integration (CI) practice and testing disciplines
– Experience leading Agile teams, sprints, and stand-ups
– High-level understanding of AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
– Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git
Nice to Haves
– Tech lead experience
– E-commerce, marketplace, and Magento coding experience
– High level of comfort working in an Agile environment
– Familiarity with technical requirements of internet marketing and SEO
– Active Github account
Health Sqyre offers a competitive compensation package that includes salary and equity vests in our promising seed-stage start-up.
What We Offer
– A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
– A data-driven environment where your insights and expertise are valued
– An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and make an impact
– An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful startup