Hiring Senior Software Engineer
We are hiring a senior software engineer to help take this promising startup to the next level and to guide our platform through a period of rapid scale.
Senior Software Engineer
Health Sqyre is an e-commerce company that allows patients to buy medical supplies online using their insurance. Our shopping tools empower patients to compare product pricing using their insurance with real-time transparency of deductibles, co-insurance rates, and out-of-pocket maximums to make informed buying decisions saving time and money.
Join on the ground floor, but enjoy the benefits of a strong foundation and rapid growth. Health Sqyre’s platform is live, generating revenues, and serving hundreds of paying clients per month. We have partnerships with more than a dozen medical equipment providers who are in-network with several major insurance companies including Aetna, BCBS, United Healthcare, and more, enabling us to serve insured customers across 40% of the US market. We have just raised a seed round of capital that includes investment from leading industry players, including Adapt Health, Cape Medical, XMed, and others.
Health Sqyre is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by the thrill of building and scaling a company. You have exceptional leadership and communication skills (even with non-tech, business-side peers) and take pride in being fast learning, precise, efficient, enthusiastic, focused, hard-working, and collaborative – just to name a few. You are self-directed, and have the drive to help “steer the ship” yet are also comfortable working within a team structure. You possess superior analytical and problem-solving abilities and actively seek change as an opportunity for growth.
Do you find yourself wanting more responsibility and wanting to play a pivotal role at a tech startup?
Do you love building and iterating features to scale for rapid growth?
Do you want to work with an exceptional team of like-minded, driven, focused, smart, and hard-working individuals?
If so then we’d love to speak with you!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Health Sqyre, you’ll be an essential member of a small development team helping to take this promising startup to the next level and to guide our platform through a period of rapid scale. The primary initial responsibility of this role is to lead the development of a new e-commerce back-end system which will involve leveraging the capabilities of an open source e-commerce platform and integrating with other back-end services and front-end applications. You’ll be expected to write clean, well-tested code to build high-quality features and systems that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth. This is a position where you will own the back-end e-commerce development and can bring your passion for that domain to build a foundation that enables rapid growth. You’ll work on a small, talented team that brings deep industry, data science, and e-commerce expertise to address a compelling and unmet market. Your workday includes coding, troubleshooting, prototyping, and executing technical solutions that will have a direct impact on the customer/vendor experience and other key facets of the business.
- Lead our re-platforming to an open source e-commerce platform
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to design, build, and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understand and implement security and data protection measures, as instructed
- 3-5+ years of professional experience as a developer, including experience with Python and/or Ruby on Rails
- Highly experienced in e-commerce development
- Senior-level knowledge of API design and development
- Experience with software design and architecture and familiarity with servicing local architectures
- Proficient in relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as Postgres
- Detailed understanding of continuous integration (CI) practice and testing disciplines
- Experience leading Agile teams, sprints, and stand-ups
- High-level understanding of AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git
Nice to Haves
- Tech lead experience
- Experience with the Spree Commerce open source e-commerce platform
- Marketplace (multi-vendor) e-commerce expertise
- High level of comfort working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with technical requirements of internet marketing and SEO
- Active Github account
Health Sqyre offers a competitive compensation package that includes salary and equity vests in our promising seed-stage start-up.
What We Offer
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data-driven environment where your insights and expertise are valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and make an impact
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful startup
At Health Sqyre we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are fun to be around. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you’re ready to run with, we want to hear from you.