Hiring: Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Health Sqyre is the only e-commerce platform that allows patients to buy medical equipment online using their insurance. Our shopping tools help patients find the best price and allow them to use their insurance to buy the equipment online, directly through Health Sqyre’s marketplace. Health Sqyre’s technology provides patients with real-time insurance benefit information so patients can see if a product is covered by their insurance, find sellers that work with their insurance, and easily view out-of-pocket costs of various options.
The Health Sqyre platform is currently launched and generating revenues. We have partnerships with over a dozen medical equipment providers who are in-network with all of the major insurance companies. We are also in the process of applying to accelerators including Techstars, 500 Startups, and Y Combinator. We have just closed a seed round of capital receiving investment from leading industry players.
Health Sqyre is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by the thrill of building and scaling a company to new heights. You have exceptional leadership and communication skills (even with non-tech business-side peers) and take pride in being fast learning, precise, efficient, enthusiastic, focused, hard-working, and collaborative – just to name a few. You are self-directed and have the desire and drive to “steer the ship” and are also comfortable working within a team structure. You possess superior analytical and problem solving abilities and actively seek change as an opportunity for growth.
Do you find yourself wanting more responsibility and wanting to play a pivotal role at a tech startup?
Do you love building and iterating features to scale for rapid growth?
Do you want to work with an exceptional team of like-minded, driven, focused, smart, and hard-working individuals?
If so then we’d love to speak with you!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Health Sqyre, your primary responsibility is to help take this promising startup to the next level and to guide our platform through a period of rapid scale. We are looking for an engineer with a do “whatever it takes” attitude who is ready to lead our engineering efforts and implement features and iterations that will help scale the business. The position is Full Stack in the truest sense of the word as you may be asked to dive into our legacy PHP code-base one day and, six months later, find yourself working on rolling out a new endpoint for our GraphQL API. We are looking for you to roll up your sleeves, lead our engineering efforts, and advance your technical and professional skill-set.
– Help build and design overall architecture of the web application
– Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
– Collaborate with the rest of the team to design, build, and launch new features
– Maintain code integrity and organization
– Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
– Computer Science or related degree and 3-5+ years of professional experience as a developer
– Proficient in relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as MySQL
– Senior level knowledge of API design and development
– Detailed understanding of continuous integration (CI) practice and testing disciplines
– Experience leading Agile teams, sprints and stand
– High-level understanding of AWS systems and services
– Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git
Nice to Haves
– Ecommerce, marketplace, and Magento coding experience
– High level of comfort working in an Agile environment.
– In-depth knowledge of AWS service as ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
– Familiarity with technical requirements of internet marketing and SEO
– Active Github account
Health Sqyre is a seed stage start-up and therefore is willing to negotiate terms for equity vests, deferred payment, and salary. The compensation for this position is from $70,000 – $90,000 plus equity depending on experience and skill level.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Andrew Schremp at firstname.lastname@example.org.